Thursday, March 3, 2011

Surprisingly delicious

I was on the road with Aisling the other day, driving her to this or that venue to do this or that activity -- after a while they all blend in together -- and I needed something to eat. A McDonald's was handy, but McDonald's breakfast is so yucky. All the heavy biscuits, greasy sausage and probably-from-powder eggs do not a good breakfast make, in my opinion. And I should know a good breakfast because, well....I'm a gourmand. Which is a polite way of saying that I eat a whole lot of really good food.

Anyway. I happened to remember that McDonald's has a new oatmeal with chopped apples and raisins in it (mostly because of the enormous yellow sign that read "TRY OUR NEW OATMEAL WITH APPLES AND RAISANS [sic]!" and I figured even McDonald's couldn't fubar instant oatmeal that much, so I buzzed through the drive-thru and ordered the oatmeal and a cute little chubby container of milk and it was actually very good.

No comments: