Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Inside the quiet of my mind

Our downstairs rooms are arranged in a rectangley sort of formation: foyer and living room in front, kitchen and dining room behind them, respectively, with the downstairs bathroom and the laundry room behind them.

So right now I'm sitting in the dining room, where my desk is, kind of in a L-shape with the kitchen and living room. In the living room, Johann Nepomuk Hummel's (Nepomuk....now there's a name for you. Were his parents purposely trying to inflict damage, or was it a family name?) "Das Zauberglockchen/Groteschi/Ballo Generale" is trumpeting away on the DVR's classical channel, while Meelyn's MP3 player is pulsating with the sound of Michelle Branch's "Everything" out in the kitchen and I am stuck between the two and my brain is kind of reeling, like if I suddenly walked in on Billy Idol making out with Beverly Sills on the couch.

No comments: