Monday, August 16, 2010

Menu Plan Monday



Oh, Menu Plan Monday! How sorely we've missed thee! I fell off the menu-planning bandwagon back in early June and never managed to climb back on and let me tell you -- we have spent a flippin' FORTUNE on food this summer, all due to the fact that my grocery shopping has been a hit-or-miss affair. Or maybe it could be better characterized as "miss-or-miss," since I haven't been writing anything down. And I find that when I don't write things down, like the fact that if I plan to make a broccoli casserole, I need to buy broccoli, I end up going to the grocery four thousand times, getting tetchier at each visit, and managing to throw a few extra impulse buys into the cart with the final result that my grocery budget exploded a couple of weeks ago and I'm still trying to get the stains off the ceiling.

I should have stuck with Laura over at I'm an Organizing Junkie.com because she is, as her blog title says, organized. And frankly, I'm just not sure what I have going on over here right now, but I beg you not to stop by if you're in the area because we'll all be sad. Mostly me.

ANYWAY....

Menu Plan for the Week of August 16, 2010

Monday - Spanish Dogs (really spicy chili dogs served on buns and topped with shredded cheese and minced onion) and oven-baked potato puffs seasoned with that Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning, which I would eat on ice cream if allowed by my family.

Tuesday - Seafood Enchiladas à la Chi-Chi's served with frijoles refritos and Mexican corn cake

Wednesday - Crispy Chicken (recipe following on InsomniMom: Facebook Edition later on) with broccoli and rice casserole -- I actually remembered the broccoli -- and croissant rolls

Thursday -- Mexican Chili garnished with corn chips, shredded Colby-Jack and green onion

Friday -- Out for dinner somewhere, maybe somewhere extra-delicious like one of those fast-food places with dollar menus. Or a pizza. Woo.

Last Saturday, which is actually the beginning of my Menu Plan Monday week, my husband and I went to Bob Evans and the girls took themselves off to Fazoli's. On Sunday, we went to Nanny and Poppy's house to celebrate Pat's forty-first birthday and had grilled T-bone steaks, barbecued ribs, cheesy potato casserole, green beans, corn on the cob and the Ultimate Chocolate Cake, which nearly killed all of us with the sugar overload, but boy, was it ever good.

No comments: