Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Menu Plan Monday, on Tuesday but who's counting?


I am not totally certain what kind of brain cramp afflicted me yesterday, but it caused me to forget to post my menus for the week. I am so sorry about that because I know that some of you probably tossed and turned all night last night wondering what I was serving. I hope you've managed to toil thus far through Tuesday without chewing your fingernails down to the quick. Fear not, I have come to rescue you. Go on and heave your sighs of relief.

Menu Plan for the Week of August 23, 2010 -

The Last Week of Summer Break

Monday - Oven-baked Chicken Patty Sandwiches (picture a McChicken) and oven-baked potato puffs. And peas. Because we really needed something healthy. It's just that I worked all day and was really busy and didn't have time to cook something real. My husband ate two sandwiches and everyone was very complimentary and said it was the best dinner we'd had in a while so after dinner I locked myself in the upstairs bathroom and banged my head on the counter.

Tuesday - Whole wheat spaghetti with homemade Ragù Americana in the slow-cooker, served with toasted garlic bread. It's cooking right now (four hours on low, omit the water from the recipe) and the house smells like a homey trattoria.

Wednesday - Old-fashioned Hoosier bean soup with smoked sausage and corn bread baked in my iron skillet.

Thursday - I'm doing a mini-workshop on The Tempest, so there are a bunch of adults and students coming over for a pitch in. We're doing hamburger and hot dogs with all the buns and condiments and the like, plus potato chips and homemade dip. All the other families are bringing a dish and it should be a fun, fun time. Because, Shakespeare!

Friday - I wish to be taken out to eat on this night and I'm hoping for Ruby Tuesdays, but I'd settle for Bob Evans.

This past weekend, the girls and I made the last Taco Salad of the season for Saturday's dinner, and on Sunday, I made homemade noodles and plopped a gorgeous roast in the slow-cooker with some onions and carrots. The house smelled incredible all afternoon and dinner was delicious.

1 comment:

Kayte said...

I'm losing it, really, I am. First I read "over-baked chicken" and I thought, "hmmmm...wonder how much over you bake it and why that is such a good thing...." then I read it again and realized it was OVEN baked chicken. Yeah, that made more sense. Further down I was reading about the bean soup and I was trying to picture how you put all that and the cornbread in the skillet figuring maybe the cornbread was a topping and how that would go and taste, etc., and then I read it again and figured "Oh, I see, she bakes the cornbread in the skillet and the soup is separate...." See, I'm losing it...Alzies for me in the near future. All menu items sound good to me...just the thing for a busy gal. I hope you get to Ruby's...but Bob's is always nice, too.