Monday, October 15, 2007

This just in from the living room

I was in the kitchen cooking some meal or other on Saturday - my family unchains me from the stove for ten minutes every two hours to allow for restroom breaks - when I heard my husband say in a sharp voice from two rooms away, "Aisling! Quit drooling on the carpet!"

Just as a reminder: Aisling is our twelve year old daughter. Not our ten year old dog. Or even our five year old dog.

Daughter. Drooling. On carpet.

Have I done something wrong somewhere? If I could get away from the stove, I'd go read a child development book or something.

1 comment:

Kayte said...

This is a classic example of why, when you are NOT in the same room as any of the other occupants of your home, you should bask in the glory of ignorance, especially when said husband is home to deal with any irregularities developing in aforementioned room(s). I would cling to that stove as my God-given right on those occasions (and turn up Def or Tom a notch or two)...LOL! (And, by the way, I cannot imagine the lovely A drooling even a little...where do you come up with these things? LOL!)