Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thursday's List

READING: Brother and Sister by Joanna Trollope, another fine one by this author, although I didn't find the end nearly as satisfying as I do most of her books. This one was about what happens when two siblings, both of whom were adopted from different birth parents, decide to find their "real" mothers.

LISTENING TO: The sound of two girls bickering. Constantly. They were so bad on Tuesday, I threatened them with my "Homeschooling is a Privilege" speech, this time adding that I would not only send them off to public school, but I'd also make sure to find one with drug pushers and pimps lurking around outside.

FAVORITE NEW FIND: After about a month of dealing with an old cell phone with a dead battery, I finally got a new cell phone the other day. It is super-cute and the girls tell me that I can take pictures with it -- Pictures! With a telephone! -- but I don't know how to do that yet.

FAVORITE THING TODAY: Today is October 4, which is not only my father's birthday (Happy Birthday, Poppy!), but also the feast day of St. Francis of Assisi, which means that the girls and I are going to load up the stinky ones in the van and drive them over to the church for the Blessing of the Animals.

HOURS OF SLEEP LOGGED LAST NIGHT: Only six, which turned out to be not quite enough, considering that I only had about four the night before.

THE CAUSE OF MY STRESS: Shakespeare and HISTO are ganging up on me.

THE CAUSE OF MY JOY: I love my little Webkins, a Chinese pug. You have no idea how restful and cheering it is to come downstairs and go to Webkins World when I can't sleep. It's so much better than coming downstairs and morosely answering emails.

LOOKING FORWARD TO: Still looking forward to the Fishers Renaissance Faire on October 6 and 7. As it turns out, some of the people on the volleyball team are also cast members at the Faire. I am anticipating a good time, although I hope they'll have more to offer in the way of food than a hunk of slightly rancid cinnamon-spiced mutton served on a trencher of bread. Although I wouldn't say no to mead.

PRAYING FOR: Peace in our homes and peace in the world.

No comments: