Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Shakespeare jewelry

This is part of the necklace I'm wearing today, laid out for photographic purposes on the cute runner that's on my dining room table. I got it from a vendor at Etsy.com, which is just one of the best places on the internet for finding, well, anything fun or cute or interesting you'd like to find: If you want one and can't make it yourself, someone else probably can. Which is how I came by this necklace. I did a search for "Shakespeare jewelry" and this is one of the many items that popped up. I was drawn to it at once, mostly because I love that quote, "By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes." (Macbeth himself is the "something wicked," by the way.) Secondly, I really like that bronzey metal, and third, I love that jaunty little skull dangling from the end. I don't think it belongs to Hamlet's Yorick, though, because by all accounts, he was a very decent fellow.

The necklace is on a twelve inch chain, the tag is as long as my pinky and the skull is as big as the tip of that same finger. It cost something like $10.00, which included the shipping. Very clever

No comments: