Monday, May 12, 2008

RECIPE: Seasoned Taco Beef

Quick, I have to type this up before I forget it.

I've been trying to make seasoned taco meat that will be a departure from the chili-powder heavy seasoning packets offered by Ortega, McCormack's, Old El Paso and the like. I'm looking for flavoring that is fresher and livelier, and I think I may have it.

This is pretty spicy, so if you try it and you're not as loco about pepper-hot food as we are, omit the jalapeno pepper juice and cut the sliced peppers down by half.


INGREDIENTS:

1 pound ground beef

6 green onions, diced

1 clove garlic, diced

approx. 20 jalapeno pepper slices

1/8 cup jalapeno pepper juice

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1/4 teaspoon ground cumin

DIRECTIONS:

Put the ground beef in a skillet with the garlic, jalapeno peppers, jalapeno pepper juice and green onions until the onions are soft. Add the salt, pepper and cumin; continue cooking the meat until no pink remains. Use the meat to fill tacos, burritos, quesadillas or in Mexican chili.

No comments: