Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Big surprise

Meelyn is sitting in here doing a biology experiment while I type and she remarked that the set of prepared slides is so much better than the slides we tried to prepare ourselves, on which we could see nothing of biological interest except perhaps for a piece of hair we accidentally trapped between the slide and the cover.

She is viewing slides from the Algae kingdom and has decided that she actually likes Biology class now that she's not helplessly twiddling dials and crossly saying, "I thought I actually HAD something for a minute, there, but it turns out that it was just one of your AIR BUBBLES."

Nothing in my life either before or since college prepared me for the fact that, someday in my future, I was going to have to be able to assemble biology slides like a professional slide-assembler-type person. If only I'd known, I would never have been without a microscope and a little case of glass slides for these past twenty years.

I've just been eagerly asked to come see some spirogyra. Must go!

1 comment:

Kayte said...

Sounds like fun...really, I mean it...I love making slides and looking at things...so interesting!