Monday, September 13, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Just about all my recipes this week are from Allrecipes.com, which is one of my favorite websites, like, ever. The recipes there have bailed me out time and time again: there was a point last winter where anarchy reared its ugly head in my home and I was informed by three people who shall go unnamed to protect other people's good opinion of them that if I made chili or tacos one more time, there was going to be BIG TROUBLE.

Menu Plan Mondays originated with Laura, whose blog, I'm an Organizing Junkie is so far beyond what I'm capable of in my daily life, it just makes me feel all nervous and inadequate to read it. Let's just say that Laura would never buy a new container of red pepper flakes every week for four consecutive weeks because she kept forgetting about the new one in her cupboard. Not that I'd do anything like that either. I'm just saying.

Menu Plan for the Week of September 13, 2010

Monday - Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff with egg noodles, served with some green beans on the side. I found this while researching slow-cooker recipes because I'm determined to use the crock-pot once or twice a week this school year. We are so busy and the slow-cooker and the bread machine are really excellent ways for busy mothers to serve home-cooked meals fast-ish-ly.

Tuesday - Lemon-Garlic Chicken with seasoned rice, served with croissant rolls from a tube. This is also a new recipe for the slow-cooker.

Wednesday
- Amish Breakfast Casserole, a long time family favorite. I'm going to go all out and serve this one with a side of french toast bites.

Thursday
- Nouilles à la sauce de quatre fromages which would actually be "Four-Cheese Macaroni Hotdish" in many places in our country. I'm planning on putting some chunks of ham and chopped onion in it to make it into a real casserole, although I'm sorry to say that it has no cream of mushroom soup in it, hahaha Kayte.

Friday - Someone please take me out for dinner!

This past Saturday, we were still on the road coming home from Canada, so we ate a bunch of crap like smokehouse almonds and Twizzlers for dinner, which may explain my mood on Sunday. Sunday, which was yesterday, I made homemade sloppy joes for dinner and they were pretty good, considering that I made them with only one eye open.

No comments: