Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thursday's List

Kayte thought it would be nice if she and I and any other people who read at our blogs (hint, hint) would do this, just because it's so much fun to know what kinds of books and music and stuff that other people like.

You can read Kayte's Thursday Fare at Grandma's Kitchen Table.

READING: Shakespeare by Michael Wood and Shadowplay: The Hidden Beliefs and Coded Politics of William Shakespeare by Clare Asquith. Both of them are too good to wait until I finish one so that I can read the other.

POOLSIDE READING: Haven't been to the pool yet, so the reading I'm doing while lolling on the front porch is Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett, a novel about the building of a Gothic cathedral in twelfth century England.

LISTENING TO: That light classical station on Insight Digital. Currently playing: Joaquin Rodrigo's Concierto De Aranjuez/Adagio. Gorgeous classical guitar by Göran Söllscher.

THINKING ABOUT: This first Mother's Day without my mother-in-law. Seems very strange, very sad.

FAVORITE NEW FIND: Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel...spendy, but ooooh, does it smell good! My birthday is next month; husband, take note!

FAVORITE THING TODAY: Two hours alone in the house while Meelyn and Aisling went to piano lessons.

WISH I HAD: A deeper desire to cook dinner this evening.

SCRAPBOOK PAGES THIS WEEK: None. Ack. Must take camera to Walgreen's to get Mini-Marathon pictures developed. Feeling guilty because 50% off spree at Hobby Lobby last Friday has not yet generated any creative flair.

HAPPY THAT I'M: Not going anywhere today. This week has been way too busy.

PRAYING FOR: My family; the people affected by the wildfires in Florida and California, tornadoes in the midwest and flooding around the Missouri River.

2 comments:

Kayte said...

Oh, this list making idea may be my downfall...everyone else's books look so great and my stack is already very high...LOL! I'm adding yours...and I loved your list of everything...it was a lot of fun to read...thanks for playing! Can't wait for next Thursday!

Shelley said...

Ha! I already added YOUR books to MY list, so it cuts both ways. I think I may have to cease sleeping altogether. Although Margaret Thatcher ran the United Kingdom on two hours of sleep per night and she's still going strong.

I wonder if she takes vitamins?