Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thursday's List

READING: Still working on Shakespeare by Michael Wood. It is just so good. He is an amazing writer and speaker, one of the most interesting writers I've ever read, on any subject.

POOLSIDE READING: Still haven't been to the pool, but I'm reading a book called Nicholas Cooke by Stephanie Cowell, set in Elizabeth England. It's written from the first person point of view and the language and cadence of the speech is very different: I'd say that it is our idea of Elizabethan speech patterns rather than being actual Elizabethan English, which I probably wouldn't even be able to read.

LISTENING TO: The sound of my head rattling.

THINKING ABOUT: Meelyn and Aisling going to spend all day Friday and Saturday with Nanny and Poppy. On the one hand, I will have some free time, all to myself. On the other hand, I know I will miss them and feel sad at bedtime.

FAVORITE NEW FIND: Art History Club.com I just found this website a couple of days ago, totally by happenstance. I haven't had time to really assess how I can use it best for the girls and their art education, but it looks very promising, a fun place to browse.

FAVORITE THING TODAY: Getting ready to leave for a field trip to Conner Prairie!

WISH I HAD: Like, a million dollars. Two million.

SCRAPBOOK PAGES THIS WEEK: Ahh! That is the agenda for tomorrow!

HAPPY THAT I'M: Wearing my favorite celery-green v-neck top with a really cute bronze colored "antique-y" necklace with a filigree heart pendant.

PRAYING FOR: A variety of things, mostly selfish. St. Teresa of Avila, pray for me!

No comments: