Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday's List

READING: On loan from my mother, who is vetting this book for her church's library: Angry Men and the Women Who Love Them: Breaking the Cycle of Physical and Emotional Abuse by Paul Hegstrom, Ph.D. I just read the first few pages called "The Background" and it is really intense. Yikes.

POOLSIDE READING: Verbena by American author Nanci Kincaid. Not chick-lit, but not not chick-lit, if you know what I mean. It's a novel about a Southern woman, a sixth-grade teacher with five kids of her own, whose pleasant and affectionate good ol' boy husband is killed in a car crash. While with another woman. In spite of the subject matter, it isn't a heavy book. I am enjoying it so far, but it may well turn on me like that foul Pillars of the Earth. I may never recover from reading that mess.

LISTENING TO: Josef Hayden's Symphony No. 102 in B Flat

THINKING ABOUT: What to pack for CousinFest. I am feeling certain that I'll leave something important behind.

FAVORITE NEW FIND: Found a wonderful new flowerpot for the azalea Kayte bought me. It's been begging for a new pot for a good week or so now and this one, which looks like it was shipped straight from Tuscany "R" Us, should do the trick. The best part? It was only $10 and 25% off of that. For a big pot!

FAVORITE THING TODAY: IT'S THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!

WISH I HAD: Enough money to enroll the girls in the summer day-camp of their choice at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. The programs sound so amazing and when I looked through the leaflet I got in the mail, I saw two that I thought the girls would really, really like.

SCRAPBOOK PAGES THIS WEEK: Eight, which is not too shabby, but we're all sick of the scrapbooking mess that has spread throughout the dining and living rooms.

HAPPY THAT I'M: Leaving for Cousinfest tomorrow.

PRAYING FOR: A safe journey for me, Lilly and Carol as we travel.

2 comments:

Kayte said...

Have a safe journey, Shell, and a very good time! It was great seeing you today and M. had a very nice time at our pool party...she is such a sweetie and a great guest at any party!

Paige said...

You should post pics of your scrapbook layouts. I love scrapbooking!