Friday, November 20, 2009

Miss Sweetie


Here is Aisling yesterday, as we were figuring out the flash thingie on the camera. I have a lot of fun making the girls pose in the same affected ways I was forced to pose in my own childhood photos. [insert sinister laugh here]

Aisling is the clown in our home, always ready to make us laugh. She is an excellent mimic, except when she's mimicking me, of course, which is when she gets sent to her room for being impertinent.

While being skilled in the comedy, Aisling is also very talented with the tragedy: She can produce Big Drama complete with torrents of tears, heartfelt cries of "You don't love me!", feet storming up the stairs and slamming doors without a single prompt. We sometimes refer to Aisling when channeling her theatrical persona as "Sarah Heartburn." Some say she acts just like her mother, but I don't know what they're talking about. They just -- *sniffle* -- don't love me. WAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

But in spite of those moments of, er, expressive rhetoric, Aisling is proof yet again that all teenagers are not sullen, uncommunicative little poxes on society. I don't know how I managed to get two lovely young women like her and her sister.

No comments: