Sunday, November 25, 2007

MOVIE REVIEW: Ratatewwwwwwwwille

Our family movie this weekend was Ratatouille, a movie I was totally prepared to love, being a major fan of Pixar. Unfortunately, I was so skeeved out by the sight of a rat crawling around on a kitchen counter and picking up some bread -- which it later put back down for a human to pick up and eat -- and a horde of rats falling through a ceiling into a person's living room, I couldn't enjoy the movie, what with the little bit of vomit that kept coming up in my mouth.

Yes, I know it was just computer animation. And I even know that the entire ironic theme of the movie was that this rat -- a dirty, flea-ridden, disease-carrying verminous creature -- wanted to be a chef in a five-star restaurant and had an actual talent for creating wonderful food. My impressionable head was filled full of Templeton at an early age and I'm sorry, but I just can't get over it. E.B. White trumps Pixar, which is as it should be.

The only thing that could possibly made things worse would have been for the rat to have had a cockroach as his sous chef.

1 comment:

Kayte said...

OMW...all the whining I did to try to get someone to go see this movie with me...no takers...LOL...so finally I saw it over the weekend, too, and I had the same reaction! Remy was just so RAT-like...Mark said, "Well, what did you think he would be?" I really haven't a clue, but I didn't think they would be so RAT-like! And, the idea of him in Linguine's hair...OMW, my skin was crawling the entire time. When they were all being chased, I said to Mark and the boys, "Do you think it is horribly wrong of me to want them all dead?" They just laughed and laughed. Wrong, very very wrong of me, I know, but I am going to have to think long and hard about the next movie I am dying to see.