Friday, March 7, 2008

E-laughter

Thanks to my fabulous and lovable cousin Carol, I was able to choke on my own spit while reading an email forwarded from her this morning. I don't know who originally wrote this, but it is a little gem. I think it must be someone from Canada or Great Britain because of the goofy spellings of the words 'liter' ('litre') and 'feces' ('faeces'). Anonymous foreign writer, you rock!

To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine and those who don't:

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 litre of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli (E. coli) bacteria found in feces.

In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop.

However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine and beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting. Remember: Water = Poop, Wine = Health. Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of crap.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable in formation. I'm doing it as a public service.

No comments: