Thursday, March 6, 2008

WEBSITE REVIEW: The Official SAT Question of the Day TM

Disclaimer: Everyone needs to know right up front that I ruthlessly ripped this link off from Kayte's blog, but I love it so much, I had to put it here in my favorites. Sorry, Kayte. You have all the credit for finding it in the first place.

Anyhoo, I love this site. So far, I'm the only one to use it, although I plan to get Meelyn hooked on it, using my crafty Mom powers of teen persuasion. Maybe even Aisling, although the only way I'll be able to get her to visit the site, much less use it, is to pretend that I hate it and think it's dumb.

My own SATs make me laugh to recall them. My high school guidance counselor looked at my math and verbal scores, then looked at me, then looked back at my scores again. "Well, you certainly are...er, right-brained, aren't you?"

Considering that I'd managed to get an almost perfect score on the verbal section of the test and just barely made it into the double digits on the math section, I thought that was a fair assessment. Even now, I agree: I am definitely a right brain type. In fact, I'm not completely certain that my brain has a left side. My brother clearly doesn't think so. And maybe my husband.

1 comment:

Kayte said...

Oh, I am so happy you love that site...I wish they would change the questions more often so I could do more of them...LOL. I know, there are deeply disturbing parts of my personality, I know.

Aren't those little clicks fun? I love the astronomy photo of the day and reading about it...I am learning so much about astronomy and I love the photos. And I love the history one with the little newsreel as I like the original photos, clips, etc. I think the girls should click on that one for sure! You know how I love history.