Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's 12:08 a.m. as I type this first post of the new year -- my first New Year's resolution is to make my post goal for next year. The girls are swigging sparkling cider and quarreling with one another and the rain is pouring down and my husband just came into the room, kissed me on the forehead and said, "Well, babe, I'm headed up to bed."

Perhaps this is an inauspicious beginning to twelve brand-new, shiny months? I'd better fortify myself with another glass of champagne, that Barefoot Bubbly you see in the photo above which I took all by ownself. I think it's kind of a good one. The champagne is actually pretty good too.

The girls are now dancing crazily to an Enrique Iglesias video and it has set the dogs to barking. From the sounds of things, you'd think that something much more interesting was happening in here than what is actually going down. It may sound like a drunken revelry, but I'm guessing that the entire house will be shut down in the next half hour with all of us in our cozy beds, listening to the sound of rain on the windows.

Happy New Year, dear readers, and may this one be a lovely one for those of you who have struggled and likewise for those of you who haven't. Be safe, be well, be good, be happy.

No comments: