Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I'd like a ticket to the gun show, please

You find the strangest things online when you're researching Greek history.

Like this picture of Brad Pitt as Achilles from the movie Troy, for instance.That movie was not really all that great, but I have to admit that when Brad came out, guns a-blazing, I immediately sat up a little straighter on the couch and said, "Helloooooooo, Achilles."

My husband, who has some guns of his own, rolled his eyes. Although he doesn't have a suit of armor like that, complete with the nifty feathered thing on a helmet. Or a crossbow and chariot.


Brad Pitt as Achilles in the movie Troy. Photo credit: IMDG.com



I don't seem to find this picture of Achilles with Patrocles - Achilles is on the right, you'll know him by the fancy hat - nearly as interesting, I'm afraid. I mean, look at the arms on that anciently rendered Achilles. Please.

All I have to say is that writing these HISTO Ancient Greece questions and doing all the research that goes with them is a tough job, but someone has to do it. You just go ahead and grab a Diet Coke and put your feet up. I'm going to sit here awhile droo....I mean, researching. Ancient Greece, yes. Shut up.

No comments: