Thursday, August 9, 2007

A little mood-altering music

Yesterday, I was sulking in the living room because I am sick of the heat.

I hate going to the pool when it's so hot because it is impossible to be comfortable sitting on a deck chair and reading when you feel like a pot roast that's just been shoved into the oven. And I don't want to spend the whole afternoon in the water because I can't take my book or my MP3 player in there.

Can't sit and read on the front porch because ditto.

Don't want to go places because it is miserable getting in and out of the car a thousand times.

So, as I say, I was sitting there thinking "Summer, summer, hating summer, sick of summer..." when all of a sudden the song that Aisling was merrily tinkling away at on the piano registered on my consciousness:

Oh, the weather outside is frightful,
but the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Now, that's more like it, I thought. And once it's here, I wonder how long it will take before I'm sulking in the living room and thinking, "Winter, winter, hating winter, sick of winter..."

1 comment:

Kayte said...

Wishing away summer...hoping for snow...loving chocolate...how is it that we are friends? What on earth do we have in common? LOL LOL LOL. Just teasing a bit.