Thursday, August 9, 2007

Thursday's List

POOLSIDE READING: The Last Juror by John Grisham. I do love John Grisham for a nice, entertaining read.

LISTENING TO: The phone ringing. Oh, my! It's Kayte, calling all the way from Carmel to tell me that she can't go to bed until I post my Thursday's List. Nag, nag, nag....

FAVORITE NEW FIND: My older nephew's new beagle puppy, Louie. Cuter than bee spit, he is.

HAPPY TO SAY: The Hamlet tickets are ordered and HISTO Round One is headed off to be printed tomorrow.

FAVORITE THING TODAY: I re-wrote the story of Daedalus and Icarus for the HISTO study binders and I think it turned out very well.

HOURS OF SLEEP LOGGED LAST NIGHT: Not quite enough. I am so sleepy and grouchy right now. Not a good combination.

SCRAPBOOK PAGES THIS WEEK: None again. HISTO, Hamlet, Meelyn's optometrist appointment, the ARCHES kick-off open house, Moms' Night Out, an appointment to get my blood drawn, getting the new license plates, two volleyball practices, ordering all the books for the new year, Aisling resuming piano lessons...what a week.

THE CAUSE OF MY STRESS: Getting ready to leave to out of town for a night. I am already being teased for being Mrs. Fussy McPackalot. But they'll all change their tune when they realize that I did not forget to bring a serving plate for the cheese as well as a bottle opener for the Coronas. And the lime wedges that go in the neck of the bottle. So there.

PRAYING FOR: My friends Patricia and Robin, and Meelyn's volleyball coach's wife, Karen. For peace, for healing, for a change for the better. Please join me.

2 comments:

Kayte said...

Well, I went to bed without the list last night...after I talked to you, I realized that list might not make it until 2:00 a.m. and there was no way I was going to make it up that late...LOL. It was fun to know that it would be waiting for me this morning, though! Worth the wait. Can't wait to read the Icy and Dady redo you did...when is the unveiling? Thanks for the reminder...corkscrew for the wine, I forgot to pack it in my ONE VERY SMALL BAG of things...LOL. See you in Bloomie....

Shelley said...

hahahaha...my bottle opener also doubles as one of those corkscrews-with-wings for wine-opening amateurs. It made Susie scream with laughter when she saw it. It is one of my more high-end kitchen implements, costing something like $4.99 at Kroger....

It's already in the suitcase. Along with many other things.