Friday, May 8, 2009

And how does this happen to me?

What a greeting that must have been.

From the elderly woman to the young one: "Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?"

I don't know how it happens, but it happened to me, too. Not in person, you understand, although there are a lot of people that that has happened to; but rather with a sense of love and devotion, more on her part than on mine. No wonder I love having devotional art such as statues and paintings around the house to remind me of her every time I see them. I feel....lucky....to be counted among those who have never ceased calling her blessed.

This YouTube video of the Blessed Virgin set to Billy Joel's song "She's Got a Way" has been posted here in link form several times, but in just the past few weeks, the fine folks over there have expanded their embed sizes so that I can actually fit the little box in my available space without having parts of it cut off (or merely posting the videos as direct links to YouTube.) I am so happy about this, especially since it's May, Mary's month, and therefore time to put this up for your enjoyment again.


No comments: