Monday, December 6, 2010

On the run

Today I thought I'd do a post count for 2010 to see how many posts I have to write in December in order to make my annual goal of three hundred sixty-five InsomniMom entries. The past two months have been pretty slim pickin's, but I do not accept any blame for the contretemps that has led to my grumpy refusal to participate in a series of "upgrades" that....well, have just irritated the snot out of me, but I already wrote about that today, so I'll just stop right there and say I am STILL MIFFED.

Anyhoo, I'm going to have to be on the run this month because here it is, December 6th already, and I am a whopping sixty-eight posts behind for my goal. Folks, that's a lot of blogging. And what, you might be wondering, will I be saying in these many, many posts?

Here's an assortment of ideas I've been tossing around:

1) the food I intend to cook for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and my husband's birthday. And Epiphany Day, too. With some recipes for a few new things I'm thinking of trying

2) a new dog treat recipe featuring peanut butter that I made up all. By. My. Self.

3) what I got for Christmas

4) my thoughts on how it feels when I run out of tape while feverishly wrapping gifts late on Christmas Eve when the only all-night pharmacy open is clear across town

5) the ridiculousness of teenage sister squabbles

6) a re-post of the Christmas Day Bologna Virus Massacre from two years ago

7) some posts about the State Fair (last August) and the Ringling Brothers-Barnum & Bailey Circus (last Thursday)

8) other assorted items of interest like the color my toenails are painted, how cute the dogs are in their Christmas sweaters, how many Christmas cards we've received (none so far *sob!*) and how lovely it is to hear the snow plows trundling by in the night

Sound fascinating? Well, then, hang on the edge of your seats!!!

No comments: