Friday, July 18, 2008

Live from CousinFest '08

I'm snatching a minute away from the action to post that I have just returned from Panache Spa in Bowling Green, Kentucky, where I just had my FIRST EVER MANI-PEDI, a gift from Susie. She packed a lunch of chicken salad, pimiento cheese sandwiches, sugar snap peas, baby carrots, strawberries, watermelon and chocolate cream cheese brownies and a bottle of Oliver's white wine and I was able to sit while Dana tended to my feet and Tiffany repaired the damage done by too many sinkfuls of dishes, sipping wine and having strawberries and gosh, was it fun.

This has become, somehow, the Weekend of Cheese and we're kind of wondering how things are going to come out, if you know what I mean. Carol is in the kitchen making a chocolate chip cheeseball and Susie is in the kitchen making chicken and cheese enchiladas and we have some cranberry cheese to snack on, right before we start on the blue cheese cheeseball that I'm going to make as soon as I can get into the kitchen. Last night, we had brie, pepper jack and goat chevre with pesto on crackers and oh, heaven help us all. It's the first time I've ever thought that a quart bottle of Senokot would be a good hostess gift.

I have to go. I just heard Susie say "Let's get this blender goin'!" Which means that margaritas, which are fortunately cheese-free, are on the way.

1 comment:

Kayte said...

Wow...sounds like you are all having a great time at Cousin Fest. All that cheese sounds heavenly...you can keep the chocolate ones, however.

Hope you are taking snaps so I can see all the fun shots when you return...you are returning, right? Just checking.