Monday, December 28, 2009

Epiphany - The Journey of the Wise Men (Day 2)

Today the wise men are in the kitchen, trekking through a bowl of clementines, which is an excellent choice not only because clementines are a great source of immune system-boosting vitamin C, but also because those things were on sale at Wal-Mart for four dollars a bag. Boooyah!!!

In the background there you can see just a few of my favorite cookbooks -- Le Cordon Bleu at Home, Baking with Dorie, The Bread Baker's Apprentice and Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, all titles which have figured largely here on this blog over the years. The slender lime green book is Cooking with Julia and that little primer is the one I'm using to write a syllabus for a foods course for Meelyn's junior year of high school. These three kings have very discerning taste. And well developed palates.

2 comments:

Kayte said...

Before I even read your post, I looked at the photo and noticed the cookbooks! I thought, "Wow, I have some of these, too!" Cooking with the blog alongs has helped me get the most out of my cookbooks...I tend to cook a lot more from them now with the idea of "cooking the books." I feel better about actually owning them rather than getting them from the library. Safe travel for the Wise Guys.

Rosemary & Garlic said...

I love the idea of the wise men traveling about the house. I collect Nativity sets, which I leave up through the Epiphany. Too many wise men to keep track of. Here is a web page that I think you would enjoy.
http://sacredspace.ie/ Merry Christmas. Anne Marie