Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Goalie

My personal goal for InsomniMom the past two years is to reach a post count of three hundred sixty-five, one for each day of the year. I was thisclose to making it last year, only lacking about seven entries to achieve my goal, and even though I really worked at it in November of this year (FORTY-NINE POSTS I AM PRACTICALLY THE GODDESS OF THE INTERNET), I find that I am still forty-four posts short of the mark.

*gasp*

I need to remember that next year at both the beginning and the end of the school year. In September, we're always so busy acclimating ourselves to the abrupt transition between the long, restful summers and the aching grind of biology and Spanish and SAT prep and the rest that I always end up skipping a week or two. And at the end of the year? Let's face it: my brain is fried. FRIED. Fried like a Pete's Pride tenderloin in a FryDaddy fryer, but without the mayo, mustard and lettuce. May is a bad month for posting.

And now here I am facing December -- December, of all months! -- with a goodly number of posts to write, all in keeping with Kayte's firm instruction to me two and a half years ago so that I start a blog for 1) purposes of remembrance; and 2) to increase my skill as a writer.

So! I have to go out to the kitchen and combine some browned ground beef with some cooked rice and add plenty of seasonings and stir in a can of drained and rinsed black beans. Does anyone want to read more about that? Anybody?

Anyone at all....?

1 comment:

Kayte said...

I always read every word you write, but don't always comment on all of it. And, with Alex's antics lately (will send you email), have had to put reading on hold as I tend to other things. Now I am catching up and reading every word you write, so there you have it, and yes, I would love to read about anything going on!