Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Whisk Wednesdays

Tomorrow will be my first Whisk Wednesday here at InsomniMom. The girls and I will be stirring up Sauce Hollandaise and Sauce Moutard. You might say a little prayer for us: I have recently felt very proud of myself for stirring up a homemade barbecue sauce that uses a great big ol' tacky bottle of chili sauce as a base, so I am quite possibly out of my league here.

And as I told Shari, the writer of Whisk: a food blog, I do occasionally make casseroles featuring cream of mushroom soup.

I am not a foodie. I just like to eat. And my normal level of cooking is way, way below Kayte's skill. Kayte is a gourmet cook -- I can tell because of the casual remarks she tosses off, as if making a soufflé is something most people do on a daily basis. Now, I'm not a total idiot. I don't, for instance, pronounce the word soufflé as "soofley" or anything, but I have never made one. I am good at making frozen chicken pot pies, forty minutes from oven to table. (Just kidding, Kayte.)

But anyway, it's important to keep learning and adding all kinds of knowledge to the insides of our heads and we all have to eat, right? So Meelyn, Aisling and I are going to use this opportunity Shari has offered through Whisk to learn about good food and how to make good food. She doesn't need to do a single thing toward helping us enjoy good food. We've got that covered.

I can't post pictures of our weekly ventures yet, but I will write about our results every week.

1 comment:

Kayte said...

This is going to be fun...and thanks for calling me a gourmet cook...LOL. I don't feel like that most days as I think most gourmet cooks allow their foods to "touch...."

My blog is giving me fits today and not letting people in or post for some reason so hopefully it will go better tomorrow. I won't get it posted until afternoon for sure as I have to get Matt to the airport and then shop for priests' food for dinner, cook said food, etc....all in all, probably late tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for playing!