Thursday, June 12, 2008

Who doesn't love a quiz?

I added a fun thing to InsomniMom last night at about 3:30 a.m. It's a quiz to see which Jane Austen heroine you're the most like. Scroll down and look for it on the right-hand side and click the link below the picture of Jennifer Ehle as the fab-u-lous Elizabeth Bennet in the BBC production of Pride & Prejudice. Do I even have to add these next two words? Colin Firth.

Possible results:

Elinor Dashwood from Sense & Sensibility
Marianne Dashwood from Sense & Sensibility (natch)
Elizabeth Bennet from Pride & Prejudice
Fanny Price from Mansfield Park
Emma Woodhouse from Emma (that one was hard to figure out, wasn't it?)
Catherine Morland from Northanger Abbey
Anne Elliot from Persuasion (which I have never read)

I was honestly kind of surprised to see myself depicted as Elizabeth Bennet. She is so much cooler than I am -- a real go-ahead kind of girl. I feel that I am more of an unfortunate combination of Mrs. Bennet (Mrs. Bennet:"Have you no consideration for my poor nerves?" Mr. Bennet: "You mistake me, my dear. I have the utmost respect for your nerves. They've been my constant companion these twenty years") and Lady Catherine de Bourgh. Although if I had to have that ridiculous Mr. Collins fawning on me and hanging on my every word, I'd have to slip off my lace mitts and take a meat cleaver to him. Have any of you Pride & Prejudice lovers ever pictured Lady de Bourgh with a deep vein of violence running through her core? That could make a fabulous modern second ending, with Mr. Darcy being taken down a peg or two as his auntie is revealed as a psycho killer, which would completely eclipse the whole Wickham scandal.

Or....maybe not.

1 comment:

Kayte said...

I can see you as Elizabeth Bennett...oh, yeah.

You better getting reading as I am Anne Elliot, or so the quiz says.

I can't believe there is a JA book that you have not read...really, I am just amazed at the things I learn here on the blog.