Friday, July 24, 2009

Homeward bound

The Florida travelers packed their bags tonight and apparently rented a trailer to bring home all the shells they picked up in their beachcombing expeditions and also all their purchases made in the shops they found, including a patchouli soap intended for me.

They were planning on staying overnight somewhere on Saturday night, but instead have decided to drive straight through. They should be back home late tomorrow evening, and my husband and I are planning to go and sit on my parents' driveway with all the determination of couple who used to compete in dance marathons, only stationary.

A week is too long. I am so READY to see the girls, I simply can't relax. It's taking every ounce of self control I possess not to get in the van and start driving with the one determined thought that maybe we'll cross paths somewhere in Tennessee.

I will never complain that Meelyn and Aisling are making me crazy ever, ever again. This Saturday. On Sunday, all bets may be off, depending on what kind of mess they create upstairs, unpacking their suitcases.

No comments: