Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Because sleeping is for sissies

My second-semester Shakespeare Workshop class on As You Like It begins tomorrow -- oh, wait, make that TODAY -- thankfully not until 1:00 p.m. Because? I am still sitting here at the computer, obviously, too wound up to sleep.

I have a goodly number of new students in the class this time, so I am all armed with handouts and notes for a little (*ahem*) speech I'd like to make to welcome them and get things started. Don't worry, kids. I promise to be done talking by around 5:00. Heh.

Will, you have been such a good friend to me. Teaching these classes is one of my greatest joys. I mean, other than chocolate fudge Pop-Tarts, which are just WRONG, they're so bad and probably not even real chocolate, let alone fudge and WHY ARE THEY SO GOOD??!!

Listen - you keep quiet about my strange and consuming passion for the Pop-Tarts and I won't tell anyone that art historians believe that that cool gold hoop earring was actually painted on the canvas long after the portrait was completed. It makes you look so savvy and swashbuckling and I kind of hate to burst people's bubbles.

1 comment:

Kayte said...

I never knew what Pop Tarts were until I had kids and they educated me. Turns out Mark knew what they were all along. Not a fan, but I understand that you are not a fan of several of my favorites, so we will just humor one another with smiles, right? The students in your Shakespeare classes are very very lucky to have you as their teacher!