Monday, April 12, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Skidding in here a bit tardily on a very late Monday afternoon to post my Menu Plan Monday menus; so late, in fact, that tonight's dinner is simmering away on the stove as I type. And boy, does it smell good! I'll tell you what it is in just a minute.

The theme for this week's meals is Cheap and Even Cheaper. Last week was our spring break, and we elected to use some of our grocery money to have some treats, like the Redbox movie rentals I mentioned, plus lunch at Panera one day and some ice cream cones interspersed throughout our week. Planned beforehand, we can still eat very yummily, if not fancily.

Menu Plan for the Week of April 12, 2010

Monday - 16 Bean Soup and Skillet-Baked Cornbread

Tuesday - Refried Bean Quesadillas and tortilla chips with queso sauce

Wednesday - Beanie-Weenies and Velveeta Shells-n-Cheese

Thursday - Baked Spaghetti (leftover from Saturday and dressed up with mozzarella and pepperoni)

Friday - A trip to some restaurant that features a dollar menu. (The girls are going to a teen gathering from 6:00 - 9:00 and we'll be driving.)

On Saturday evening we had spaghetti and my homemade meat sauce with breadsticks and on Sunday we had patty melts (a very guilty pleasure), homemade potato salad and chips.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Wednesday's dinner sounds so perfect right now. Velveeta is so good. yum.

I haven't planned this week's menu. My family may suffer. lol
Last night's dinner was my son's b-day choice, and that meant Wendy's. Tonight we're finishing off hot dogs and mac & cheese. Who knows tomorrow, and thank God Thursday is pay day! ;)

Kayte said...

I love beanie weenies but no one here will eat them: They will eat the beanies and they will eat the weenies, but they won't eat them all stirred up together. OMW that is so good, what is wrong with these people??? I have to get online and figure out what a patty melt is b/c people talk about them all the time and I don't know what they are or how to make them...some sort of hamburger patty with cheese melted on top? I don't remember these in Iowa, are these an Indiana thing? Is it open faced when you serve it? I think it is time I learned about the patty melt.