Friday, January 1, 2010

Epiphany - The Journey of the Wise Men (Day 6)

Since we were out late last night ringing the welkins -- whatever that means -- we had our family New Year's celebration today after we all woke up enough to squint at the television screen. Our choice of entertainment? Why, a Buffy the Vampire Slayer marathon, of course, accompanied by (and I know you'll find this hard to believe) more food.

While we were watching TV, the three kings trudged by, looking as if they were at an old-fashioned drive-in movie. Out of respect for their mission, none of us yelled "DOWN IN FRONT!" and honked our horns.

3 comments:

Kayte said...

I have never seen Buffy a single time. Am I missing something fantastically swell that will bring me to the end of my life saying..."If only I had seen Buffy...?" Because, if so, maybe I should get onboard.

Shauna said...

What season is that? We just started season 2 and Spike has JUST arrived on scene. :) He's a funny (but mean!) vampire. This is my first time ever watching the show and I love it. We bought season 1 on sale and then we got seasons 2 and 3 with Christmas money. There is much Buffy in our futures!

I'm really excited for season 3 because it has the girl who plays Echo from Dollhouse (another Joss Whedon show).

Shelley said...

Kayte, you just must see this show. It is about grrrl power and PINK and kicking butt and taking names and having wild successes and inglorious failures and soldiering on through it all, good times and bad.

Shauna, you will LOVE SPIKE. Not in Season 2, but just wait. He is a more beloved character than Angel by the end of Season 7.