Monday, January 25, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


Monday again, and thanks to
Laura and her blog, I'm an Organizing Junkie, I'm on my third week of making life so much easier for myself and probably the rest of my family too, because when Mama's stressed out because it's 4:00 p.m. and she still doesn't know what she's going to cook for dinner out of that jumble of food items she bought at the grocery on Saturday, everybody's stressed out. Particularly since I field my first "So! What's for dinner?" question at 7:39 a.m. every morning.

Monday -- Mexican chili (didn't end up having this last week, so it was this week's little bonus)

Tuesday -- Baked Spaghetti and homemade bread (spaghetti and meat sauce left over from Sunday)

Wednesday -- Crunch-crust baked fish fillets (from freezer section of grocery), baked sweet potatoes and green beans

Thursday -- roast beef in slow-cooker with potatoes and onions, croissant rolls

Friday -- Inexpensive dinner out with family (Think "Arby's new dollar menu.")


Grocery shopping was accomplished on Saturday afternoon, as mentioned. Ve-e-e-ery tight budget this week. Gaaaaahhh....HATING this recession.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Yeah, we tore through most of our grocery budget already...I hate it. Every time we do our budget, I think we could lower our grocery budget, but I don't see how.

Your menu sounds delicious, though! Especially for a tight budget. ;)

Krista said...

Sounds good to me! I have given in and given up on a grocery budget. I just try to keep it reasonable around here.

Kayte said...

Grocery budget? With two teenage boys growing? What's that and how do you make that work? (Actually, I am doing better.)