Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Absolutely outraged

You might remember a couple of weeks ago, when I wrote that Emma was coming to everyone's local PBS stations, courtesy of Masterpiece Classics? Well, I was extremely stoked about this four-hour miniseries and as soon as I spread the word here on InsomniMom, I pranced out to the living room and set the DVR to record the whole thing.

What I didn't know is that in between my setting the DVR and the view dates for Emma, our local PBS affiliate, WFYI-Indianapolis, CHANGED THEIR PROGRAMMING. So that two-hour first episode? Well, the FIRST hour was some dumb wildlife program about bald eagles, about whom I could not possibly care less. I mean, yeah, pretty birds. Yeah, majestic. God's creation. National symbol. Blablabla. But Emma! EMMA!

If this were the nineteenth century, I would challenge WFYI to a duel. I mean it. With either swords or pistols. Either that or I would totally snub them at the next ball and when they asked me to dance, I'd smile in a frosty manner and turn away to talk to someone else, feigning deafness.

Some things cannot be forgiven and this? This is one of them.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Shelley I feel your pain. We are in PA and had no power Sunday night, so I missed part 3. Did you know that it is already rentable on Netflix? There is a long wait, but at least I can watch it in the next few weeks.