Monday, February 22, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


Here we are, right straight back on Monday again, complete with the snow and the way-below-freezing temperatures forecasted for later in the week and I think I'm going to just quit drinking coffee and start either chewing the beans or maybe injecting it straight into my veins. I wish I were a perky, cheery blogger who could turn my frown upside down and make us all a BIG BATCH OF LEMONADE out of all the lemons life has so generously been handing out lately, but I'm not your girl if you're in search of a half-full glass. It'll be half-empty, but I will sweeten it for you. Do you want real cane sugar or Splenda?

Which is why, you know, that Menu Plan Monday works so well for me. Because without this? We'd probably be eating saltine crackers topped with dirty snow for dinner every night this week. So thanks to Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie, my family will not have to pick bits of wet leaf out of their teeth this week, even though I keep trying to tell them that it's important to have a fiber-rich diet.

Menu Plan for the week of February 2, 2010

Monday - Mom's Best Easy Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn, mini croissant rolls

Tuesday - Pulled pork sandwiches (prepared in the slow-cooker), oven-roasted potatoes, peas

Wednesday - Amish Breakfast Casserole, cinnamon toast

Thursday - Chipped beef gravy, homemade biscuits, peas

Friday - Crispy fish filets, oven-baked potato puffs, salad

This past Saturday, we ate Ragù Americana with whole-wheat pasta and garlic toast for dinner, and on Sunday, I made oven- roasted chicken breast with dressing and green beans.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I LOVE chipped beef gravy. One of my all-time favorites. We'd have it for breakfast a lot growing up. GOOD.
Count me as your dinner guest. ;)

Unknown said...

I love MPM! I get lots of inspiration from the various participants. It definitely helps us from getting bored.
I'm a coffee drinker and there's definitely been those mornings where I just wanted to inject it.
You have a yummy meal plan.