Friday, February 26, 2010

I am totally middle-aged

Oh, I am an oldster, as my children will helpfully tell you, sometimes even before you ask them. I knew it for sure this morning when I devised a tacky little wastebasket system for the van, consisting of a plastic grocery bag trapped by one handle in what used to be the ashtray, but is now a change drawer. I was so very happy and immediately put a straw wrapper and a used tissue in it and REVELED in my sense of accomplishment and tidyness.

I'm kind of worried about myself.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh boy, maybe I should worry about myself then.
I'm not even 30 yet, but I've come SO CLOSE to doing the same.
Our van is always filthy, even if I had just cleaned it.

What do your girls feel more embarrassed by-the bag trash-can, or a dirty car, though? ;)

Shari said...

This is a COOL idea! But why can't the auto makers come up with an elegant solution? (Not that your solution isn't elegant!)
:)