Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day -- Top 20 Love Songs

The four of us were sitting around today eating our favorite Sunday brunch oatmeal and discussing l-o-v-e and I decided it would be fun to see what our Top 20 personal favorite love songs are. So here they are, cross-generational, and not in any particular order except for number one, which is my favorite love song and since this is my blog, I got to hog the first place for myself. Which isn't really in the spirit of loving people, come to think of it....

McKinney Family Top Twenty Love Songs

20. A Thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton

19. Everything - Michael Bublé

18. Far Away - Nickelback

17. No Air - Jordin Sparks (Added under protest and only because Jordin is such a doll, but Chris Brown is a creep who beats up on girls and he shall not be forgiven.)

16. The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra

15. You and Me - Lifehouse

14. I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers

13. Someone to Watch Over Me - Sarah Vaughan (This video is by Ella Fitzgerald)

12. Every Little Thing She Does is Magic - The Police

11. Head Over Feet - Alanis Morissette

10. Can't Help Falling in Love With You - Elvis Presley

9. Can You Feel the Love Tonight - Elton John (from The Lion King)

8. And I Love Her - The Beatles

7. When I Fall in Love - Nat King Cole

8. Our Song - Taylor Swift

7. Chances Are - Johnny Mathis

6. The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson (Absolutely hate this video, so no posting)

5. Daydream Believer - The Monkees

4. Close to You - The Carpenters

3. Your Song - Elton John

2. Vision of Love - Mariah Carey

1. Miss You - Aerosmith


What's your favorite love song?

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Oh, this is a good list. "You and Me" was mine and Doug's first dance at our wedding. I love that song.

A few of mine are on your list, but I have to add: "I'll Stand By You", "So Close" (from Enchanted), and "Jimmy and Lois" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0iV-06FFsY). I LOVE this song.