Saturday, June 30, 2007

They live!!! THEY LIVE!!!!

My marigolds, the ones the girls and I planted with pink and red geraniums and the two spike plants by our front yar Mary shrine? They came back! We thought they were goners, but they came back!

They live! I did not kill them!

I honestly don't know how it happened. They were all slumped over, very limp. They had turned a strange, greasy-looking, brownish-black color that did not bode well. I mean, when reading gardening books, you seldom find a picture of any plant that is brownish-black and keeled over with a caption that says, "Here's a photograph of the florificus floritopia in vibrant health."

But they came back when I wasn't looking and are actually blooming.

I'm going to hurry off now to mark marigolds off the lengthy list of Plants I've Murdered.

1 comment:

Kayte said...

And this is why they say "anyone can grow marigolds." LOL. Congratulations, Martha, we are very proud of you.