Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday's List

READING: Still at it with the homeschool curriculum catalogs.

POOLSIDE READING: Hamlet; articles from scholarly journals about Hamlet; literary analyses of Hamlet; comparisons of Hamlet's Claudius to Fidel Castro; critical reviews of filmed versions of Hamlet; theatrical criticisms of different modes of staging Hamlet. There is so much Hamlet in my head lately, it's starting to sound funny when I say it: Hamlet, Hamlet, Hamlet.

LISTENING TO: a Hannah Montana episode on the Disney Channel. Against my will.

THINKING ABOUT: whether or not we should tackle Latin next school year. My heart says "Yes! Yes! Yes!" but my mind says, "You will suck. Just.....don't. Okay? Don't."

HAPPY TO SEE: that the perennials we planted out back are taking hold and doing well.

FAVORITE NEW FIND: this really great lotion, completely free of petroleum by-products (which I refuse to rub on my skin), that not only moisturizes really well, but also smells of satsuma and patchouli. I'd like to squirt a little dab into each nostril so that I can keep on smelling it, but I was afraid that might create a bad impression.

FAVORITE THING TODAY: getting ready to go to the library, always one of my favorite things to do, ever in this world.

WISH I HAD: the time to go get a mani/pedi. Well. And the money, of course.

SCRAPBOOK PAGES THIS WEEK: none, because I'm still freaked out. But I did buy a nice little tablet to keep in my purse that I can jot journaling thoughts down on. I haven't used it yet, but I did make the effort to purchase.

PRAYING FOR: so many people who are sick and suffering, I can't list them all. Please join me in praying for all those who need it, and especially for those who think they don't.

1 comment:

Kayte said...

So, are you going to clue us in on the name of that there lotion you mentioned or are we going to have to come over there and tie you up and search your cabinets to find it? LOL. Keep working on that Hamlet stuff...we are all counting on you to put forth one really great workshop this fall. No pressure, of course, none whatsoever.