Monday, May 3, 2010

Menu Plan Monday



This weekend was relatively quiet, with no teen festivities to attend, no sacraments being conferred and therefore no unexpected pizzas being ordered or celebratory dinners-out partaken of; to wit: I had a bunch of grocery money and spent it happily on some good stuff, despite the fact that gas prices keep going up and snatching away more of it every week.

Laura from I'm an Organizing Junkie is the originator of the Menu Plan Monday posts and you might want to go over to her blog and have a look around at all the interesting things there she has other than food. Do a little menu planning of your own - I've found it's a sure-fire way to avoid drinking an extra glass of wine as I frantically wonder if I can get away with serving peanut butter sandwiches and a bag of freezer-burned carrot coins for dinner. As it turns out, I can't, and even that second glass of liquid sunlight isn't enough to incoculate me from my family's displeasure.

Menu Plan for the Week of Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday - Homemade Chicken and Noodles with carrots and mashed potatoes

Tuesday - Beef Bourguignon from Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume I (With summer approaching, it'll be getting too warm outside to cook hearty, stick-to-your-ribs fare like beef bourguignon and chicken and noodles, so I thought I'd better get them out of my system)

Wednesday - Chicken salad sandwiches with grapes and walnuts (I may make my own puff pastry for luscious croissants tomorrow if I get the materials for my Shakespeare class on Wednesday organized in time)

Thursday - Grill night! Smoked sausage with baked potatoes

Friday - Spicy nachos (beef, shredded cheddar and pepper-jack, sliced grape tomatoes and green onions, sour cream and h-o-t salsa)

On Saturday, we ate that yummy traditional taco salad with the Catalina dressing and corn chips (some people use Western dressing or even Thousand Island and tortilla chips) and it was soo delicious. Sunday's fare was grilled chicken, baked sweet potatoes and green beans.

2 comments:

Kayte said...

I just love these Menu Planning posts. I am sitting here, on Monday, thinking, "Okay, I'm good through Tuesday." I really need to work on that whole week deal. Usually I am scrambling around to fit in my blog alongs so my menus look crazy sometimes...like, "Okay, guys, I have to make such and such for such and such and there is no way it goes with anything I have planned, so just eat it and don't complain, okay? Thank you." They don't seem to have any problem at all eating like three breads and six desserts in the course of a week and a half. Hey, I learned how to make peanut butter! EASY and fun and very tasty. Who knew? Your menu all sounds great...I need to fit that chicken salad in soon.

Niki Jolene said...

Hi there! I am stopping by from Menu Plan Monday. Nice menu...the chicken salad sounds divine!


Stop by and visit me sometime over at Free 2 Be Frugal.

:)